1. Development – this is where the project is birthed. It begins when the producer first thinks of the project or the writer begins writing. It includes organizing main locations, creatives, cast, drafting, research and other first stages of planning of the project.
2. Pre-production – the next phase of planning. Here, scripts and storyboards are redrafted, props are bought, sets are built, budgets are amended, shooting schedule’s are finalized. Everything that can be done to prepare for production.
3. Production – this is where “Action!” Is called and ideas are caught on film. It usually the shortest and busiest phase.
4. ??????????? – This is where the footage is weaved into a story. It’s edited, colour graded, the sound is mixed, visual effects and titles added.
5. Distribution – This is where the final film is distributed to reach its target audience. There is often a distribution and marketing strategy in place.